A professional coach can help you with many types of life challenges. Each of our coaches has their own unique areas of specialty. Some specialize in topics such as stress management, personal motivation or fulfillment, others in relationship coaching and career coaching. When you sign up, let us know what you would like to work on or accomplish, and you will hear from coaches in our system who specialize in that area.
As soon as you tell us what you want to accomplish, we notify all the coaches that specialize in that area. Then you will start hearing from them, and can work with as many coaches as you want for free for the first 7 days. When you find a coach who’s a good match for your needs, you can keep working with them. If not, you can keep reaching out to others. Do this again and again until you find a coach that is right for your needs.
Simply choose a coach that you are comfortable working with. At the end of your 7 day trial, you will need to choose one coach out of all the coaches you were in touch with. Check out our blog for more specific advice about choosing the right coach for you.
You can send a message to your coach at your convenience and your coach will answer promptly. You can usually expect an answer within several hours.
You can easily switch coaches at any time. If you are in the trial period, you can just stop talking to one of the coaches and continue to the others. If you are in the paying period, you can switch coaches from your account page.
Yes, you can use our site on your mobile and tablet. We are working on an app for android and appstore, which should be released promptly.
During your free trial, there's no need to do anything. If you are already paying for a subscription, you can cancel it by clicking on "quit LiveCoach" under your "my account" page.
The free trial is a 7-day period when a client can message any coach before deciding whom to hire.
You do not get paid for interactions with clients who are in free trial. During that time period, feel free to give as much (or as little) advice as you want. You can keep it very general or ask questions and propose your approach.
Many coaches prepare a standard set of questions and an ’About Me’ to send to prospective clients. This way it's easy to see whether the new client may be a good fit for you.
Another best practice is to be specific about your experience relative to what the client needs help with. Some coaches add experience to their profile after every successful interaction with a client. This increases the chance a new prospective client will find your profile appealing and reach out.
The algorithm that matches coaches with clients takes into account the number of messages you send to clients (prospective and ongoing), and how the text on your profile relates to the clients’ needs, including any certifications and reviews.
If a client decides to hire you, you will receive a notification and see the earnings under "my earnings". At that point, you should start coaching the client. As long as the client doesn't switch coaches or leave the system, you will get paid every 7 days for the message-based coaching. You get paid for the 1:1 sessions as soon as they are scheduled.
A 1:1 phone session is different from the message-based coaching because you set your own rates for the session.
When a client requests a 1:1 phone session with you, you will receive a notification and need to accept it. Once you accept, the client will receive a confirmation with a phone number to call.
You get paid ahead of time, as soon as the session has been scheduled (you will see the amount under the "my earnings" part of your profile).
If a client wants to schedule a specific time to talk via the message-based coaching, you can suggest to schedule a 1:1 phone session instead. Clients shouldn't expect you to be available at any specific time on the message-based system. That's why the cost is lower - you choose when to respond to the client's messages. Of course, you’re free to schedule a live chat session if you so choose.
As a coach on the platform, you can set your own rates for 1:1 phone consultations, or work with clients through our chat system where you get $23.20 per week per client. We’ve found most of our coaches prefer to use a combination of both methods.
How it works:
1. Complete your profile! By adding all relevant experience, skills, certifications, etc. you increase your chance of being matched with new clients when they sign up.
2. Our algorithm matches new clients with coaches based on the client’s needs/goals and your experience. When you are matched with a client, you’ll receive a notification in your inbox. At the end of each day you’ll also receive a daily digest of all new clients you were matched with. We encourage you to reach out and start a conversation with these clients!
3. New clients have 7 days to message as many coaches as they want and try to find the right one for them. New clients can also request phone consultations during this free trial period. Keep in mind that coaches don’t get paid during the 7-day free trial, so use your best judgement when choosing how to engage clients during this time. The purpose of the free trial is for the client to find the right coach for them, and for you to find new clients to engage on an ongoing basis!
4. After their trial period, the client chooses one coach to work with on an ongoing basis. They may choose to only use message-based coaching, or also schedule 1:1 phone sessions as needed.
You (the coach) get paid 80% of what the client is charged. You decide how much time you need to spend messaging each client per week. We currently see an average of 20-30 minutes per client per week, which results in earning $46-70/hr, with the ability to support many more clients than you might normally have. You can set your own rates for 1:1 phone sessions and when a client schedules a 1:1 phone session you receive 80% of whatever rate you set. You can view your payouts under your profile and request a payout through Paypal or a check at any time.
- Send additional questions, reflection exercises, or past similar experiences you’ve coached on, so the client can get a sense of your style and approach.
- Be available periodically throughout the day, or at least once a day, to connect with prospective new clients and answer questions. More back and forth gives clients a greater ability to tell if you’re the right coach for them.
- Be clear with expectations for each new client. Once they choose you as their coach, they may message you once a day, once a week, or multiple times a day. It can be good to set clear expectations about when you will answer, such as “I can respond every 24-48 hours” or “Feel free to send multiple messages each day and I’ll respond to them all each evening.’ etc.
- Be patient. We truly want to connect all our clients with coaches that will be a good fit for them, so sometimes a client may decide it’s not working out and choose to work with another coach. This is completely normal! This is why there’s no fee or membership for coaches to be on LiveCoach, and you can spend as much, or as little time as you want fostering new client relationships through our site.
Good luck, and please let us know if you have any questions.
The LiveCoach team
2 changes were made to the platform on 8/15/2017 custom invoicing and seamless calling. You can now talk to a client at any time without the need to schedule the call through the system, and invoice them for any amount.
Here's how it works:
On both your chat screens there's a section titled 'Call This Coach/Client'. It shows the LiveCoach phone number (1-855-525-7645) and the unique conference number. The client and you can call into that conference line at any time without the need to schedule the call ahead of time, and connect.
Pre-Booked calls work like before: if the client books the call first, they are billed automatically when you accept the booking.
Non-Booked calls is a new feature allowing the client and you to call into the line at any time. If you want the client to pay you for this call without booking it first (whether they are on their trial period or not), you can send them a separate invoice.
You can use this feature if you want to sell any item that's not the weekly chat package, or the 30 minute call. For example, you could invoice for a package of 10 sessions, sessions longer than 30 minutes, a breakthrough session that's more expensive or cheaper than average, or any other item you can think of.
Also, several coaches have asked whether the client has to pay the $29/week messaging fee if they are also paying for phone and video sessions. The answer is: it's entirely up to you. There is nothing preventing you from chatting with a client while they are not paying for it, so you can request payment whenever it's convenient for you. You can choose to chat with clients for free if they pay for a certain amount of calls per week/month, or you can charge them for the calls on top of the weekly charge for chat.
The custom invoicing feature allows you to send an invoice to any client for any amount. Coaches use this to sell packages that are different from the ones offered on the site.
Popular packages include voice/video sessions that are longer than 30 minutes, packages of several voice/video calls at a discount, packages including several voice/video sessions per month and chat, and many more.
As soon as you send the invoice, you will see it as "pending" and as soon as the client pays it, you will see it as "paid". Please make sure that the invoice is paid before providing the service to the client - we cannot guarantee payment of outstanding invoices. However, once an invoice is paid, you can request the funds from the "my earnings" section.
While many coaches are happy to coach clients on an unlimited basis for $29/week, some want to use different packages, and are free to do so, and not participate in the $29/week text-based coaching.
Here are your options:
- Work through unlimited chat.
The coaches that do work through chat usually take 30 mins every day to answer all the messages from clients. If you have 20 clients you get $290 per week and spend 30 mins per day, you will make ~$120 per hour.
- Work through phone/video coaching.
We have many coaches that don't work through chat, and only offer the phone/video sessions. You can set your own rates for those.
- Combine the 2 approaches. Many coaches offer packages to students - for example, for $500 per month for 1 phone session per week and unlimited messaging. Or any other combination you can think of. You can sell these packages by using our custom invoicing option.
If you're not satisfied after 1 month or after spending $120, you can get all your money back - no questions asked. Just shoot us an email and you'll get your charges refunded.
We are piloting a new program where we offer a money back guarantee for clients. Even if the client asks for their money back, you will still get paid and we will absorb the cost of the refund.